Dental Care You Can Trust
Dental emergencies can be both painful and stressful, often occurring at the most inconvenient times. At Great Northern Dental Care, we recognize the urgency of these situations and prioritize the prompt treatment of our patients. With our commitment to providing dental care you can trust, we offer comprehensive emergency dentistry services in Kalispell, MT.
Dr. Jarvis, our experienced emergency dentist, goes above and beyond to ensure that our patients have access to care when they need it most. He makes his cell phone number available to his patients, allowing them to reach out to him even outside of office hours. This level of accessibility demonstrates our commitment to providing exceptional emergency dental services and peace of mind to our patients.
At Great Northern Dental Care, we prioritize your comfort and strive to create a relaxed environment for every patient. Our goal is to ensure that you have a positive and comfortable experience during your emergency dental visit.
We provide the following emergency dental services:
Dental emergencies can encompass a wide range of situations, including severe tooth pain, broken or chipped teeth, knocked-out teeth, abscesses, persistent bleeding, and other urgent dental issues that require immediate attention. We believe that seeking early intervention is crucial in minimizing pain, preventing further complications, and preserving your oral health. Our team at Great Northern Dental Care is equipped to handle various dental emergencies with expertise and compassion.
It is crucial to seek treatment for a dental emergency as soon as possible. Early intervention can help alleviate pain, prevent further damage, and increase the chances of preserving the affected tooth or teeth.
If your tooth gets knocked out, it is essential to act quickly. Here are the steps you should take:
- Handle the tooth carefully: Pick up the tooth by the crown, the top part of the tooth, and avoid touching the root. Handling the tooth properly can help preserve its delicate structures.
- Rinse the tooth: If dirty, gently rinse it with clean water. Be sure to hold it over a sink or basin to prevent losing it down the drain. Avoid using any soap or chemicals, as this can damage the tooth.
- Try reinserting the tooth (if possible): If the tooth is a permanent adult tooth and relatively clean, you can try reinserting it into the socket. Carefully place the tooth back into its original position, ensuring it is facing correctly. Gently bite down on a clean cloth or gauze to hold it in place.
- Keep the tooth moist: If you cannot reinsert it, it is crucial to keep it moist to prevent it from drying out. Place the tooth in a container of milk, saliva, or a tooth-preservation product recommended by a dentist. Keeping the tooth moist helps maintain viability until you can seek dental treatment.
- Seek immediate dental care: Contact your dentist or an emergency dental clinic immediately. Time is of the essence when dealing with a knocked-out tooth, as the chances of successful reimplantation decrease with time. Give them as much information as possible about your situation and follow their instructions.
Remember, quick action significantly improves the likelihood of saving a knocked-out tooth. Even if you can’t reinsert the tooth, seeking professional dental care is essential as soon as possible. Dental professionals have the expertise and tools to assess the tooth, address injuries to the surrounding structures, and determine the best course of action.
If you are experiencing tooth pain, you can rinse your mouth with warm saltwater, use over-the-counter pain relievers (following the instructions), and apply a cold compress to the affected area. However, it is essential to see an emergency dentist as soon as possible to address the underlying cause of the pain.
Dental insurance coverage varies depending on the specific policy. It is advisable to contact your dental insurance provider to inquire about the coverage for emergency dental treatment.
If you don't have dental insurance, Great Northern Dental Care has excellent news!
We have created our Great Northern Smile Club specifically to help our uninsured patients. For a low monthly subscription fee, Great Northern Dental Care will provide you and/or your family with preventative care and 10% off most restorative services.